October 15, 2009 - A Voter's Guide is now available for the upcoming November 19th NRP Neighborhood Representative Election. The Guide is compiled by the Minneapolis NRP to provide information to City residents about each candidate seeking a seat on the 2010 NRP Policy Board. Candidates are running in one of four categories: At-Large, Protection, Revitalization, or Redirection.
In preparing the Guide, NRP asked each candidate to respond to the following questions in 100 words or less:
1. How have your life/work experiences prepared you to be a neighborhood representative?
2. What do you consider to be the strengths and weaknesses of the NRP?
3. How have you participated in your neighborhood organization and its NRP Process?
4. How do you plan to maintain a relationship with the neighborhoods you would represent if elected?
5. Name one thing you would like to work on if elected.
6. Why are you running for a neighborhood representative seat on the Policy Board?
7. Please list any community-based organization with which you are currently involved.
8. Please list all current paid and unpaid affiliations.
The NRP Policy Board Neighborhood Representative candidate forums and election will begin at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, November 19, 2009, on the second floor of the Crown Roller Mill Building, 105 Fifth Avenue South.
One candidate forum will be held in each of the four categories. Candidates will introduce themselves and respond to questions submitted in advance and from audience members. Candidate forums are moderated by NRP staff and volunteers and are free and open to the public.
The Crown Roller Mill Building is accessible to persons with disabilities. Parking is available on the street, in the surface parking lot across the street from the Crown Roller Mill building and in the Gateway and Depot ramps. However, NRP will NOT reimburse parking fees. To request language interpretation or childcare services during the election events, please call 612-673-5150 by November 2, 2009. For more information about the NRP Policy Board election process call or email Carsten Slostad, Policy Board staff secretary. 612-673-5150 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For bus information, call the MTCO Bus Line at 612-373-333.
Download a copy of the Voter's Guide below: